Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweaters! [Copy Cat Closet]

Hey There! So this is my first ever link up for Copy Cat Closet by Natalia over at Ma Nouvelle Mode (Which I first found through my bestie, Kelley @The Grant Life) I was really excited to start with this one in particular, because I had recently found one of my old sweaters that I thought was surely lost forever!
Also, I want to give credit back to Kelley, since I just used her same layout for this weeks challenge description below. [Thanks Kelley!!]


Natalia gave us this amazing inspiration:
And her tips for wearing sweaters:
  • Make sure your layers aren't too thick. There's nothing worse than looking like you're 20 pounds heavier when in reality you've lost a few pounds. Try to keep the underneath layers thin and fitted.
  • If you're wearing a chunky, big sweater, try to pair it with a fitted bottom. This way you don't look like you just strolled out of your house in your PJs. Which I hear is generally frowned upon...
  • Skinny jeans go really well with big chunky sweaters! If you haven't tried them, branch out! You'll find they can work for all body types!
  • You can go with an open sweater, like I did, or a thinner sweater too. The under shirt wouldn't necessarily have to be fitted. But remember, if you're loose on top, keep it tight on bottom! Did that sound a little dirty? sorry...
  • Want some more ideas? Check out my Cozy Fall Fashion/Chunky Sweaters board on Pinterest. Yes, I made one just for you. I'm kinda sweet like that. 

Now here's what I tried out for the challenge this week (Both the sweater and hair)

I know these aren't the greatest photos, but I've never been good at doing the "Full Body" here's my outfit picture! LOL! ...Anyways, this was my run at it on Monday, in the sweater I thought I lost! YAY!
[Sorry for the long delay, I started this post at around 6:30 then got a surprise call from my sister online! Yay, Bachelorette Party Planning!] ... but back to business, up next I have the outfit I wore today featuring this sweater, along with a complementing bow clip from Kelley's Loveables!

So I think these photos came out a tad better, but that's also partly due to the fact that I found the editor before I inserted these two, HAH! [and like my expression shows above...it's still "eh, not sure about this"]

Had a great time playing around with one of my many sweaters [mostly a lot of gifts, but I really like sweaters] I was just so happy we got a cold front so I could wear some!  I know the colors are a bit Christmas-y, but even if they are I still claim my artistic side "They're complimentary colors"!

Thanks for being patient with my post, and hope y'all had a Blast!

~ Jenn








the Grant life

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Jen! Ahhh I love it! The loveable is pretty cute too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, Thanks So Much for your comment, and your time to really look at my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. I love finding new bloggers and seeing them take new style risks. Your bow is adorable! :) Try setting your camera up and using a self timer next time for a full look. You look great!! Found you via the CopyCatCloset link up!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nikki! I feel so silly for not thinking of using my timer! I'll also have see if I still have my tripod since my dresser is short, but I'm afraid the only one I have is a small table one.

      I also want to apologize for not responding to your comment sooner, I promise I didn't forget about you though! I also intend on following your blog! [do you use GFC?]

      Delete

Anyone can leave a comment, but I do moderate them before publishing. Please also check to make sure you aren't a "No-Reply" Comment-er (Google+ Profile Method & Blogger Profile Method)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...